FLORENCE – Kennedy-Douglass Center for the Arts is collaborating with Artists for Community to host an exhibit that will raise funds for One Place of the Shoals.  One Place is a non-profit organization that provides crisis care services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.

Public artwork submissions are being accepted for this community art show that will also feature artwork by the UNA faculty and art students.

UNA art students created Artists for Community to raise money for Shoals area non-profit organizations.  All artwork included in the show will be for sale, and 60% of all proceeds will be donated to One Place of the Shoals.  The artist will receive the remaining 40%.

The exhibit will open from October 3-16.



• Painting

• Drawing

• Photography

• Digital prints 

• Collage 


• Sculpture 

• Mixed Media 

• Mobile 

Artists may go to our website:  KDartcenter.org to access the submission form and get full details on how to submit their work. Artists may submit up to 3 pieces. Questions may be emailed to nmairesse@florenceal.org.

This event is hosted by Kennedy-Douglass Center for the Arts, 217 E. Tuscaloosa St. Florence, Alabama. The event is open to the public and is free.

The Artists for Community exhibit will be centered around community support for One Place of the Shoals.

The ground-breaking collaborative family justice center provides a safe and comforting atmosphere with state-of-the-art facilities for victims and their children facing this most difficult part of their lives.

Click here to read the original story.